For Everyday Safety
The Census covers everyone that has lived or plans to live in Japan for more than three months, regardless of nationality. Everyone that is covered is legally obliged to respond, so please be sure to do so. Online Response Period (Monday, Sept 14 to Wednesday, Oct 7)
■Be careful of heavy rain (Ministry of Justice)
▼【!】 HEAVY RAIN / FLOODS / LANDSLIDES
In this season, floods and landslides may be caused by torrential rain in Japan.
Please pay attention to the weather forecast and information from your local government. Check for where to evacuate near your home.
If you feel your safety is in danger, evacuate immediately.
Please also check the following apps and websites. “Safety tips” “NHK WORLD-JAPAN” “Japan Safe Travel”（PDF Ministry of Justice Website）
A Notice to All Foreign Residents:
▼Collected information about COVID-19 in simplified Japanese and other languages is now available. Get access to the correct information on how to claim your economic relief package (100,000 yen), new rules pertaining to immigration, and other essential rules and customs for daily life.
【COVID-19 Economic Relief Package: 100,000 yen per Individual】
■ Foreign residents are also eligible.
・Individuals registered as residents with the city office as of 2020.04.27 are eligible to receive this fund.
* Sojourners staying 3 months or less in Japan do not qualify as legal residents, and are not eligible for this package.
■ To claim your relief fund:
(1) Check your mail for a notice and form from the city office.
(2) Enter your information and banking details on the form.
(3) Enclose a copy of your bank passbook and ID (such as passport) with the form.
(4) Send your documents by post to the city office (within three months of the date of the start of applications).
→ Wait for the sum to appear in your bank account.
* Online applications are available if you have a My Number Card.
【!】Watch out for scams!
▼ Relief package information in English from the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications: